If you are hiring a software product manager and like what you read here, shoot me an e-mail. After having spent some time in the consulting world, I'm looking to find a home again. Being able to play on different projects is fun, but I miss being able to dig into a project over time.
You can subscribe to the live feed of this list in your choice of feed readers. You can also follow @FromTheIntraWeb to get instant gratification.
If you find something that you think belongs on this list, send it to me via @SoftwareMaven on Twitter.
- Are You Barking Up the Wrong Tree?: A great post on how to handle a crisis that benefits the product strategically.
- Show and Sell: The Secret to Apple's Magic: One of the keenest insights that I've read into the success of Apple's product development and the trust it has created with their customers. Apple's success is significantly related to the fact that they don't ever bait and switch.
- Startups & VCs: Learn How to Design, Market, & Eat Your Own Consumer Internet Dogfood: I would say this is another way of saying "hire product management first" and a recognition that most software companies face marketing challenges, not technical challenges. I've written code for way too many years and I've never come across a challenge that that too hard to code. I have seen products flounder because nobody could figure what needed to be built and because nobody could use what finally did get built.
- Professional Networking Techniques: I am not a natural networker, but at least I try. Here is some good, basic advice for how to get started networking at an event.
- Hoarding Features & Products: What a great analogy for why it is important for product managers to remove features from their products as well as add them.
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise noted, I have no affiliation with linked properties other than being an interested reader, a happy user, or a potential customer: Nobody pays to receive a link. Any opinions of linked properties are theirs, not mine. I may or may not agree, but to be on this list I think their opinion is at least interesting.